Thursday, November 11, 2010

A view and some memories.



The view from my loverly little terrace isn't exactly painting worthy, but this was one of the first few everyday sketches I began (drawn from camera phone pic taken while waiting for the noodles to cook...yes, I live in a hostel with a rooftop kitchen :))

Lately (that is, over the past few months and a slightly-more-productive-than-hitherto-wasted-life) I've been so inspired by The Urban Sketchers and a ton of drawing sites/books/awesomely creative people that I decided to keep a sketchbook propaaaly filled...in other words, just to keep drawing, drawing, drawing, even it means just a little bit everyday. It's paying off, in a way...I'm a lot happier, for some reason -geee- :)




Now I need to start doing on-location sketches to improve technique and skills in general...leisurely dabbling in glorious pools of watercolour while sketching from photos isn't exactly the same :)





And there was this squirrel...he really had attitude :)





This last one is one of the buildings in my old college (for you initiated Gits, I think it's the Fine Arts block :)) as seen from our much beloved and oft-remembered-in-teary-sessions hangout, Shirdi's.

Ahhhh, Shirdi. Where the Aloo Paratas contain the entire output of South America's annual potato crop. Where the Lassi is a gooey, creamy meal in itself. Where the Pav Bhaji has an entire Amul Butter packet floating in it. Sigh. Just isn't the same eating there now. Still...thanks for the memory :)

1 comment:

AtomicGitten said...

So cute!
It reminded me of the story book sketches in children's Editions. And I recognised the Shirdi View. Wasn't it the posterior view of the B-block? Am suddenly not sure and am stricken my existential angst at my forgetfulness