Friday, April 15, 2011

Illustration Friday: 'Bottled'




(all reference pics from Getty)

Just some quick sketches of bottles (perfume and otherwise) and glass jars, to experiment with two things: (i) painting glass, which I've never attempted because of some stupid artistic fear, and (ii) trying out watercolour pencils, which suprised me with their brilliance :)

Happy accidents all around. I'm loving the learning experience :) and my first time making two submissions for a single topic! Here's a start.   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad you finally painted bottles? They look great. (My secret: I've been afraid, too. You give me courage.)
Rayo

ruth said...

Nice job! I am a big fan of watercolor pencils, use them all the time.

Poshgit said...

Rayo: Thank you so much! Yes I'm glad...more on the cards :)

Ruth: Thanks! I'm becoming a big fan too :)